Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Lepetitmatin  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 6:08:48 PM(UTC)
Lepetitmatin

Groups: Registered

We have a Thermador oven that’s several years old, likely model PRD484ecg (can’t find the model number on the unit but this is the model it looks like). After a recent power surge, we were getting error code 22 on our large oven and it wouldn’t turn on. So after much research about which part number to get when we can’t find the model number, a repair person replaced the control board. It now will turn on, but the heating light doesn’t come on when preheating and it seems to be having a hard time reaching temps on Bake. For example if set to 350, it’ll take over half an hour to get to 300. If you set it much higher than 350 (I tested 500), it will then reach the higher temp in another 20 or 30 minutes. I haven’t done a full test of seeing if the oven can hold the temp for a long period of time. .

I don’t think the broil element is coming on to help heat the oven (unless it’s set to broil, as the broil element is getting bright red when set to broil, but not bake). We hear a lot of clicking when the oven is on, but no heating indicator light on bake or broil. Only the blue oven indicator light is on.

Could this be a bad thermostat? Or is the new control board bad or incompatible? Or installed incorrectly?

Thanks for any help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.