Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
e.jason.cline  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 8:50:46 AM(UTC)
e.jason.cline

Groups: Registered
United States

About a week ago, the water dispenser and ice auger on our LG french door refrigerator LMXS30776S/01 stopped working. The ice door motor works and when you press the button you can hear the door open and close but the auger does not turn. The ice maker still makes ice and fills with water after each dump of the tray. For the water dispenser you can see the light come on but no water dispenses.

Here's what I have checked/tried:
0) All the normal stuff - water is turned on, filter is full of water and not clogged, can turn auger motor by hand and nothing seems to be frozen/stuck that shouldn't be frozen.

1) Checked continuity on the microswitches for the ice and water dispenser in the door. Both tested OK -- circit was open until the lever was pressed then it was closed.

2) Checked continuity on the water valves. This unit has one main valve in the back and two secondary valves (built in one valve body) in the door (one is for ice one for water) All of them tested OK for continuity.

3) I unplugged the water line that comes out of the main valve on the back. Press the water dispenser button on the door and no water is pumped out of the valve in the back. I did a manual reset of the ice maker while the water line was unplugged and water dispenses out of the valve on the back just fine.

3) Based on these first three tests I assumed maybe it was a control board this unit has several but there were two listed as having something to do with the dispenser and ice maker control. I replaced ABQ72940028 and EBR64730408. After replacing them the same problem continues - water will not dispense from the dispenser and the ice auger will not turn but the unit makes ice and the ice door will open.

Any ideas on what else to try here? Thanks in advance for your help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.