Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Fix4All  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2019 10:45:51 AM(UTC)
Fix4All

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi, first let me say that your service and forums are excellent. I did do my research before finally giving up and writing this post for help.

I replaced the ice maker because it stopped making ice and was loud and clunky. After installing the new ice maker purchased through AppliancePartsPros, I realized that the water was entering the ice maker properly but not freezing (or finally froze but takes too long). After reading your forums I realize that the air entering the ice maker through the duct is not cold enough to consistently produce ice.

When I open the door and hold down the door switch cold air definitely is present on the top duct and the door is making a good seal with ducts themselves as far as I can tell. I do notice that near the upper duct the refrigerator wall is warm to the touch and thought this might warm the air coming in from the blower motor int eh freezer.

I also understand that the blower motor runs on ~12V DC and its speed is controlled by PWM (I believe that's what the pulsing is called). How can I test the different speeds of the motor that supplies the cold air to the ice maker to make sure it is keeping up with demand? I have not yet pulled the back freezer panel to expose anything yet.

What would you suggest to be the next steps in troubleshooting the warmer air in the ice maker while the freezer itself is ~0 F?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.