Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KeithEliott  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2019 6:11:18 PM(UTC)
KeithEliott

Groups: Registered
United States

My Samsung fridge has been acting up recently. It started with the freeze about a month ago I noticed some popsicles were soft no frozen. I didn't think much of it they were hard by the next morning I figured it didn't get shut all the way. It happened again a week later. Then a week after that the fridge started doing the same thing. It will be fine for a week then get warm then cool down again. I first pull the fridge and cleaned the coil/fan everything was clean to begin with. The fan/compressor were running fine. Then I replaced both temp sensors because the fridge was set -6/34 and said it was at -6 /34 but was warm inside. When I replaced the freezer the coils were clean no ice build up although there was just a small about of ice around the defrost sensor. Tested the fan it was working fine. When I replaced the fridge sensor it was the same as the freezer no ice build up fan works fine. The fridge ran fine for about one week then got warm both the freezer and fridge. Then was fine the next day.

At this point I am thinking its something in the defrost area of the freezer defrost sensor? or the heater coil because I did have a little ice surrounding the sensor but the rest of it was clean. But why would the fridge section get warm as well the have their own set of coils.

Any help on this would be great.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Vanhalo  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2020 3:09:15 PM(UTC)
Vanhalo

Groups: Registered
United States

Originally Posted by: KeithEliott Go to Quoted Post
My Samsung fridge has been acting up recently. It started with the freeze about a month ago I noticed some popsicles were soft no frozen. I didn't think much of it they were hard by the next morning I figured it didn't get shut all the way. It happened again a week later. Then a week after that the fridge started doing the same thing. It will be fine for a week then get warm then cool down again. I first pull the fridge and cleaned the coil/fan everything was clean to begin with. The fan/compressor were running fine. Then I replaced both temp sensors because the fridge was set -6/34 and said it was at -6 /34 but was warm inside. When I replaced the freezer the coils were clean no ice build up although there was just a small about of ice around the defrost sensor. Tested the fan it was working fine. When I replaced the fridge sensor it was the same as the freezer no ice build up fan works fine. The fridge ran fine for about one week then got warm both the freezer and fridge. Then was fine the next day.

At this point I am thinking its something in the defrost area of the freezer defrost sensor? or the heater coil because I did have a little ice surrounding the sensor but the rest of it was clean. But why would the fridge section get warm as well the have their own set of coils.

Any help on this would be great.

I have followed almost the exact same path as you .....a few months ago i cleaned the back coils now I am at the stage where I am multimeter testing the thermostat and temp sensors....
I had the exact same symptoms on the RFG298...trying to figure out which direction to go now.
The thermostat and temp sensors seem to be fine.

Edited by user Saturday, March 21, 2020 3:11:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply