Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Engineer21  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2019 5:44:31 PM(UTC)
Engineer21

Groups: Registered
United States

GE HydroWave
GTWP2000F0WW model
GA956461G serial

I have a GE HydroWave Model GTWP2000FOWW. After an electrical storm it won’t agitate or spin. The motor light blinks in 1 second intervals and never shows a fault. When placing the unit in Field Service mode the LED’s only blink. After pressing the start button it will allow me to run through the diagnostics but shows no errors I think, not confident I am doing it correctly. I replaced the control board as my repairman recommended throwing that at it. I was sorely disappointed tonight after receiving it only to be the same issue. Washer fills but motor never starts. The open lid switch beep goes off intermittently during filling but I checked the load side of the plug and the orange wire for switch continuity and it actuates and shows continuity as though the lid switch is good. The fill tube is clear and not plugged looking. I’m pretty perplexed at this point. I have 121 volts measured at the outlet and have continuity in the power cord. I’m not sure of troubleshooting the power to the motor but the red and white wire/ common I assume has continuity. Any help is appreciated!

I have trouble shot the harness to the motor/inverter board and have power 120 V to it. I replaced the motor with a used one, the motor light blinks 6 times. That indicates a locked rotor. It all spins freely.

When in agitate, slow or fast, or spin modes in field service mode, the unit makes a loud clunking sound but no motor movement. I can here the motor board humming during agitation. It is not loud. The shifter does actuate loudly during the agitate test cycle.

Do I need to replace the newly used motor to? I reinstalled the old board and sent the used one back. My repair man has given up thinking the whole thing is a loss.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.