Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bstinson  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 1:22:46 PM(UTC)
bstinson

Groups: Registered
United States

I picked up a free LG 6 year old Fridge/freezer. It was running but began to slowly stop cooling. When I got it I was told that a repairman said that the compressor was bad. So I bought a new compressor and dryer and installed it. I recharged the compressor and tried it again.

The compressor was doing the same thing it had with the old compressor. It would come on and after a few seconds it would kick off. I made sure that the coils were clean and that there were no visible issues. I replaced the run capacitor with a new one but it made no difference. I replaced the hard start capacitor and the thermal shut off on the compressor but it did the same.

I placed the fridge in diagnostic mode and ran it through the diagnostics twice but found no faults other than the compressor would not stay running.

I am out of ideas. Could it be overfilled? Could I have gotten a bad compressor? could there be a blockage in the lines? I could use some help here. Anyone? I have so much money in it that I hate to give up but I am about to cry uncle here.

Brad
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.