Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GUERINO1  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 6, 2019 8:57:17 AM(UTC)
GUERINO1

Groups: Registered
United States

I have a kitchen aid model #KDFE104DSS0. The 4-wire heavy gauge plug to the control board for the heating element and power(?) apparently corroded and overheated frying the board (not to mention smoking up the kitchen). When this happened, the heating element quit working. I found a supposedly good used board on EBAY. I also cut apart the connector(which basically crumbled apart) and crimped on 4 blade terminal connectors and reconnected to the four connectors on the board. The heating element now works and gets up to about 150 degrees during wash and 170° during heated dry (checked with ohmmeter temp probe). When I first installed the board, I ran a diagnostic and the resulting error codes were 10-1, 7-1, 8-2, and 6-6. After running the dishwasher through several cycles and running the tap until very hot, the error codes are now 7-1 (heating element) and 8-2 (drain pump). Although, aside from the soap door opening as soon as I shut the dishwasher, the element and pump SEEMS to be working fine and the dished seem to be getting clean. Is there a Tech sheet for this model? Any help/advice would be appreciated Thanks

Edited by user Thursday, June 6, 2019 9:19:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.