Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kapn Krump  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2019 7:18:24 AM(UTC)
Kapn Krump

Groups: Registered
United States

So, my samsung washing machine (MN#: WA422PRHDWR/AA) is about 7 years old, and I've already repaired it twice - once the drain pump, the second time the water solenoids. Both fairly simple fixes.

About a week ago, it would keep getting stuck in the spin cycle. Its countdown timer would get stuck in the 12-18 minute range, but it would keep cycling in and out of the spin cycle for hours. I'd just have to turn it off during the spin cycle when it was reasonably dry.

Then, it got stuck in the spin cycle with a full drum of water, and nothing I could do could reactivate the drain pump. I learned how to put the washing machine in diagnostic and calibration mode, and sometimes I could get the pump to work, but most of the time it would be unresponsive.

After looking into the issue, I was recommended to me to purchase a new control board ( https://www.appliancepar...92-01021b-ap5623797.html ).

It came in, I installed it per the instructional video, but it has the exact same issue. Sometimes it will start up and act normally, but then it'll stall out in the spin cycle and leave me with a full drum of water. Most of the time it will be completely unresponsive.

I've flipped it over to look at the wiring, and everything I saw seems plugged in and the wires are intact, but there's still no change.

I'm getting a new board under their warranty agreement, but I'm thinking that if the new and old control board had the same problem, I suspect a third won't work.

But when it DOES work, all the functions of the washing machine do work. It fills, drains, and spins with no error codes. All of the components work, but they're not working together. A controls issue seems probable, but a new control board didn't fix it. Does anyone have any thoughts?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.