Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
D_Spin  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2019 2:04:28 PM(UTC)
D_Spin

Groups: Registered
United States

The fan in the back of the ice maker (located in the fridge) started making noise. Took it apart and found it iced up. I proceeded to take the fridge and freezer areas apart. Defrosted everything, cleaned the back, the made sure the drain tubes drained properly into the pan under the fridge.

Found a bad defrost switch on the main evap in the freezer. Replaced it, seems working ok.

A few days after putting it back together, the fan in the ice maker started making noise again. I found the evaporator behind the ice maker was iced up again. Did a forced defrost a few times in a row, made no difference. Took it apart again, defrosted with a heat gun.

I had continuity across the heater element, and the therm switch. Plugged it in, forced defrost, and back probed the plug to check for voltage. Getting 120VAC across across the heater element through the therm switch.

I have a new switch to put in, but the old one seems to be working. wondering if i should replace the heating element even though it has continuity and seems to be getting voltage through it at the plug.

(If more diagnostics are needed, I am capable of doing pretty much anything electrical, with the proper tools, and equipment)

Thank you very much if anyone has any ideas.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.