Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
softtechs  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2019 8:34:55 PM(UTC)
softtechs

Groups: Registered
United States

Had this unit for some years now and it's always gave use problems even with the warranty. To the point... Replaced main board last year, replaced 3 of the 4 thermistors (2 inside FF and 1 on the side the freezer. Worked perfect until just a few days ago to where I'm seeing the FF display read 44-48 and the freezer at 11.

I opened the Freezer back to access the coils and check for frost. Coils look good and only had a small amount of frost from the bottom to about the next 3 coils. Again this is thick frost and not a bulky ice build-up. I then replaced the thermistor and Defrost Thermostat. I then opened the FF side and checked the coils for ice like it used to do and it has not ice build up. I also checked all fans for power and defrost heater for continuity that is reading 22.4.

Next, I open the rear panel and noticed the condenser fan had a lot of dust and cleaned. Also there was a lot of water in the drain collection pan and cleaned. I then powered back on and waited over night and still the same temp issue. Purchased 2 freezer/frig temp gauges and found the freezer is at 0 and the FF side is at 48.

Right now I have the bottom rear panel off and freezer coil panel off and took off cover so I can see the double damper open. Any thoughts if the damper might the the problem?

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.