Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ellie0704  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 8:26:28 AM(UTC)
ellie0704

Groups: Registered

I need to replace the door sensor on my Whirlpool Model MMV5208 microwave - but do not know a part number or have a diagram that shows the part. Any input as to what needs to be replaced would be super helpful! Thanks!

(The microwave stops running and the light comes on; display gives message to close door. Light also comes on as if door has been opened even if not currently in use.)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Bucky2  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2019 3:22:01 PM(UTC)
Bucky2

Groups: Registered

I have a Kenmore made by Whirlpool that had the same problem.

It is likely that one or both of the door interlock switch supports has broken.

Enter the model number in the search box on the home page of Appliance Parts Pros website.
MMV5208 is probably not the full model number. I believe there should be two more letters and a number after that model number. Enter the complete model number in the search box.

Scroll down the list of parts. There is an exploded diagram below the large picture that you can click on after you click on a part to view.

For a start, look for these parts that relate to the interlock switches:

Support, Interlock - AP6012094 or WPW10156813 (it is not obvious why there are two part numbers and why they appear to be the same on the exploded diagram)
Spring - W10156812
Cam-Plate - AP5805913
Switch - several part numbers, depending on the switch function

You will have to determine which of the parts is causing the problem, and which of the replacement parts fit your appliance.

Oddly, it does not seem possible to find the part numbers of the items FROM the exploded diagram. You may have to call them for help.

Realize that mine is a different model, and that I am not a technician. YOU are responsible for your actions and safety.

Edited by user Saturday, May 4, 2019 3:29:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply