Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
banjahman  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2019 7:01:12 AM(UTC)
banjahman

Groups: Registered
United States

error IE on dishwasher. My inlet valve was cracked so I replaced that with a new one. I replaced the water line at the same time due to blockage.

To rule out the new valve being bad I hooked up a test cable and sent 120VAC to it while connected to the new supply line, water comes out at the same rate as the tap.

Both floats are visually working (i removed them and filled with water to make sure the float doesn't stick.)

Both float switches pass the continuity test

At the board and the inlet valve connector, I was getting 0VAC while it tried to fill. I found a ground wire in the door that had cut through the insulation, and the bare wire was touching the metal. I repaired this wire and now get 28.5VAC at the inlet valve and at the board at the YL4 connector (wiring diagram is here - https://lg.encompass.com...e=/ZEN/sm/LDS5560ST.pdf)

I replaced the board today with a new one and am getting the same results, 28.5VAC at the board YL4 connector. I want to continue trying to fix it as I've touched most of the components related to water inlet. Does anyone have any ideas on what to try next? I'm at a standstill on things to try.

Could it be the floats are passing continuity, but failing under load? How could I test these switches out more thoroughly?

Could the issue be before the board? I would assume not as I'd think the main power goes to the board then gets distributed by the board if I'm not mistaken. Any ideas are welcome. I'm pretty tech savvy so I'm down to try anything at this point.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.