Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mawaw  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 2, 2019 10:12:44 AM(UTC)
mawaw

Groups: Registered
United States

Last week my wife noticed that the bottom bake element on our oven had quit working so I ordered a new one and installed it yesterday. On this model oven it has what is referred to by some as the "hidden bake element." You have to slide the oven out away from the wall, take all the back covers off and then the element slides out through a tiny slot at the bottom after you have to cut and move all the insulation out of the way. A real pain and very bad design. So after replacing it and installing all the covers I then plugged it back in the wall and flipped the breaker when I saw something arc what appeared to be inside the oven so I immediately flipped the breaker back off. When I tried to open the oven door to see if I could tell what had arced the door was locked. This morning I decided to flip the breaker back on and see what would happen. I first removed all the back covers again and disconnected the new bake element. It did not arc and the clock came on waiting for me to set the time. The oven door was unlocked now. After that I turned the stove top burner knobs all on to see if they worked in which none of them did. I did not see any sign where something arced and shorted out such as a smut spot on the inside of the oven but I noticed there might have been a slight burnt wire smell. Does anyone know what might have happened and what is now preventing the stove top from working?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.