Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jogdial  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2019 1:19:32 PM(UTC)
jogdial

Groups: Registered
United States

As stated I press the normal mode button, light comes on, press start and close the door and nothing,

Happened last week and I turned the breaker off for 5 minutes and it started again.

Happened again today and the breaker trick didn't work. Took it apart and nothing stood out..

Have read quite a bit and apparently the lights are supposed to flash when I press the start button, I don't remember them doing that, but they might have and they don't now.

Put it all back together, powered back up.... used my fingernail to press the startbutton and wiggle it a bit and I believe the light flashed, shut door and it started. Would that be the 'user interface' that needs replacing?

User Interface
by Whirlpool
Part Number AP6012912

Seems like it is a button problem... if the thermal fuse was gone it wouldn't start at all I assume. Damn user interface is $198! seems like a lot, but as long as it works... Can anyone confirm this sounds right (or wrong) to them? thanks :-)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

jogdial  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 2, 2019 7:18:26 AM(UTC)
jogdial

United States

things have gotten worse... now no lights come on at all... I have measuered 110 volts ac coming into the control circuit board, but can't see any 5V on the circuit board.

The control board is $254 and there seemed to be some other problems... any ideas on this? Thinking it may be time for a new DW as the parts are starting to add up to about half the cost of a new one with the control electronics and the user interface where i saw the first problems of it not starting. :-(
jogdial  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 2, 2019 7:56:47 AM(UTC)
jogdial

United States

ah, I see that I was measuring across the thermal fuse 110V, so its gone.... guess its worth a chance to try and replace that, but the harness looks different than mine, not sure why I cant just unclip the fuse housing and replace it rather than the wire, the wiring looks fine and I will have to splice this one in - any comments on why I need to replace two short pieces of wire that clip to the fuse that seem fine?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply