Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
IOO57  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2019 12:30:15 AM(UTC)
IOO57

Groups: Registered
United States

On my Kenmore Washer 110.92591220, I replaced the motor coupling - the original one had disintegrated. I bought this Washer in 1993; first problem in 26 years.

After that, did about 20 loads over a 2 week period. Everything worked perfect.

Then on the next load, the tub filled OK, but when it came time for the agitator part of the cycle to start, there was a loud buzzing noise from the motor, which was not turning. When it started to get hot and smell, I shut off the power.

After some investigation, I found that the motor will spin the tub and pump out the water OK. Thinking that he new motor coupling or something in the gearbox had jammed up, I took out the motor and put it on the floor next to the Washer. I can see that it will operate and rotate its shaft on a spin or drain part of the cycle. It will not rotate its shaft on the agitate part of the cycle; it just sits there and buzzes.

I believe that the motor uses the low speed winding for the agitate part of the cycle.
I removed the motor terminal block and see it has a white plastic cam that touches a slip ring on the motor shaft. Is this to do with the low speed? Is there some trick to putting back this terminal block correctly?

Be grateful for any suggestions you can give.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.