Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Daniel J  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 11:56:46 AM(UTC)
Daniel J

Groups: Registered

There are 5 inlet ports (and/or dummy ports) on the back of the upper spray arm, each fitted with an O-ring type of gasket/seal. Some of those rings have fallen off over time.

How critical are those gaskets to the proper functionality of the upper spray arm? The dishes on my upper rack seem to be getting clean so I would prefer not to buy a whole spray arm assembly for no good reason, but knowing the gaskets are missing bugs me.

The gaskets aren't standard o-rings, they have a unique design with a lip to create the seal and don't seem to be easily sourced from a hardware store. Of course Bosch wants to sell you the whole spray arm assembly which is ridiculous. Any suggestions on how to obtain new gaskets that would fit, even if they're not made by Bosch?

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 20, 2021 4:43:02 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have an 800 series, and it has the same problem.

In my experience they're actually fairly important. Losing them causes the pressure in the upper spray arm to be slightly too low for the arm to rotate.

I don't have a good answer for replacing them. I managed to keep all of mine, but they won't stay on, and I frequently find them in the bottom pan. I'm looking for a waterproof, heat resistant, food safe adhesive that will bond to them.

If you do try to replace them, I doubt the ridge itself is important, but the critical dimension must be between the ridge being expanded and being folded down, which is not a particularly large tolerance.

Be careful going with too thick an o-ring. The ports that it fits into may not be strong enough, and I can imagine them splitting if the o-ring is too thick and not soft enough.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 13, 2021 6:06:57 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have a related question. My upper spray arm came off during the cycle, and I found the O-ring inside the dishwasher cabinet. Where exactly does that go within the assembly of the upper spray arm?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply