Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
scottaobe  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2019 8:35:11 AM(UTC)
scottaobe

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

I have a Maytag refrigerator MRT311FFFZ00 that is not defrosting.
I have made the following checks.
heater continuity @ 36 ohm
heater fuse has continuity
freezer thermistor T-O-D 1733 J (18 kOhm cold) (2.7 kOhm warm)
refrigerator thermistor T-O-D 1725 J (8 kOhm cold) (3.2 kOhm warm) part # #W10384183
control board W10908179110S68215110874 ATHENA M16 PIRA XL

(The # T-O-D 1725 J above is on the thermistor but i see a part #W10384183 on a parts diagram.)

(The # T-O-D 1733 J is not shown on the parts diagram but instead shows a Bi-Metal defrost which does not seem correct as mine has a thermistor and no Bi-Metal defrost.)

I need to verify what the thermistor readings should be but the Service and Wiring Sheet that came with the refrigerator does not include these values.

I have searched high and low but have been unable to find the thermistor specifications.

W10908179 Refrigerator Electronic Control (Original came with refrigerator)
W11039790 Refrigerator Electronic Control (is listed as the replacement)

I replaced the control board but it has made no difference and I suspect I was sent a defective control board or one that someone else had returned as I ordered the W11039790 control board and received a W10908179 in a box labeled W11039790.

And this is where I need to determine the thermister specifications as when I saw I was getting the readings I assumed they were ok but they may not be.

At this point it would be good to run the diagnostics mode but the directions on the Service and Wiring Sheet (W10737602 A)do not seem to match my refrigerator.

The service sheet shows 6 LED's and says the 5th one may not be present on all models but my model has 4 led's.

It also mentions SW1 and SW2 but does not indicate where they are. I have the control unit switch, freezer door switch and refrigerator door switch. (I have tried every combination I can think of but nothing changes - except the cooling settings.)

So, if anyone can tell me the thermistor specifications or where I can find a chart it would be great!

And if anyone knows the magic combination of how to get into diagnostic mode that would be great as well.

Edited by user Friday, February 1, 2019 9:32:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.