Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
APR_PROPLUS  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2019 10:02:40 AM(UTC)
APR_PROPLUS

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello appliance engineers, hope all are doing well.

Issue:
About two week ago our 7yr old refrigerator (Frigidarie Gallery) started to freeze in the fridge section, and displaying the incorrect temperature only at the fridge section. After reading on some forums out there,I determined that it could be the thermistor, damper valve, power board, or display board.

Troubleshooting:

Thermistors:
I checked resistance across both (FZ FR) the thermistors, which was per specification.

Damper:
I was able to actuate (close, open) the damper valve, when I disconnected/coneected the thermistors to check the resistance. Damper vale was open when the thermistor was connected, and closed when the thermistor was disconnected.

Display Board:

The display board, always indicts an incorrect temperature (50-90F) regardless if the thermistor in the fridge is connected, or disconnected.

Conclusion:
By checking the thermistors, and damper valve I concluded that the power board was the issue on controlling the temperature incorrectly.

I order one through Appliance Parts Pros, but the new power board wasn't able to even power on the refrigerator. I called Appliance Part Pros costumer service for a solution, and the only thing they though it could be was that new power board was bad, so they re-sent me another new one. I installed this second new power board, and still it didn't power up the refrigeration.

Currently my refrigerator is powered on with the original power board, but its displaying the temperature incorrectly, and not controlling the temperature to the frigid section.

Could it be that I need to replace the display board too?

Technical Information:
Frigidaire
Model Number LGHC2342LF2
Serial No.4A107066529
Manufacture Date 2/11

Edited by user Saturday, January 26, 2019 4:48:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.