Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
blairm  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2019 1:40:44 AM(UTC)
blairm

Groups: Registered
Canada

I have an LG fridge LFC23760ST - a couple of months ago, the freezer (bottom) started to, well, not freeze anymore. Now it's about the temperature of the fridge when you open the freezer door up. Still can hear the compressor running, cool air blowing out inside the freezer (but not cold air). Water in a plastic bottle doesn't even freeze at all at the moment. There's nothing blocking the vents inside and the unit is not too close to the wall. For two months, the upper fridge worked fine.

Now, two months later, the upper fridge portion is not cooling. The doors still beep when they're left open - everything seems like it should work (light comes on, temps are displayed (but not at all accurate). I took the back plate off and vacuumed it out a few weeks ago with no results. Seems like it is something that is gradually failing.

Any suggestions (besides buying a new fridge)? This one is out of warranty (and I'm not the original owner of it).
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.