Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SGH  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2019 12:39:12 PM(UTC)
SGH

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello,

Our refrigerator freezer (kenmore model 106.64252402, serial ET1126621) had in past 3 years drain hole frozen over and i then freed of ice and cleared up about once a year manually, assuring water then drained into pan below fridge. - Seems as if simultaneously we have items, i.e. sour cream, in fridge against back wall freeze, and or have water and then ice build up on them (coming from freezer compartment through vents).

Since about a year or so have excessive frost buildup on all items in freezer, more so appears to be in the door and on plastic (that holds items in door) showing almost icicle like buildup; perhaps that is due to how warm/cold air cycles during defrost process?! At last removal of back cover in freezer also noticed ice buildup behind the cover.

Door seal appears in good shape. - The other day happen to notice back cover to be warm to the touch; perhaps was during normal defrost cycle(?).

Question 1: i have read on suggestions to place copper wire dangling into and down the drain hole/pipe so as to keep it open and defreeze when defrost cycle runs... must be a safe and sound suggestion?!

Question 2: not knowing my way around a “volt meter” although i own one, which steps should i take to identify part(s) failing? Dont see a reason to buy a new appliance for $$$$ (with worse energy consumption than this one i might add!) when a few $ will get us fixed up.

Thank you kindly for your assistance and guidance.

Stefan
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.