Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Eeshen  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2018 7:06:34 AM(UTC)
Eeshen

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello,

I keep having the middle portion (the part that sits around the shaft) of the Blower Wheel (https://www.appliancepartspros.com/whirlpool-blower-wheel-assembly-y303836-ap4294048.html) to break. When I open the dryer up I find the snap ring on the back portion of the blower wheel is no longer in the groove of the motor shaft, but is pushed backwards towards the blower housing. When the snap ring is not in the groove of the motor shaft, the blower wheel bottoms out into the blower housing causing the middle portion of the Blower Wheel to break...causing it not to move with the motor.

I have replaced the blower wheel, 5 times ! On the 5th time, I realized the motor seal with broken, which may have caused the motor to not sit correctly. In response, I have replaced the motor and the blower housing the blower wheel is inside of. However, just today the blower wheel has broken again.

I don't know what else to do. I have literally replaced everything in that area....the motor, snap rings, blower wheel, the blower housing (https://www.appliancepartspros.com/whirlpool-housing-blower-wpy312893-ap6024190.html) and again the snap rings have come out of the motor shaft groove.

Any other suggestions?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.