Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jared Craft  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2018 1:10:28 PM(UTC)
Jared Craft

Groups: Registered
American Samoa

Hello, and thanks for reading and any incite you may have for what may possibly be wrong with this 2201 model fridge.

I obtained this fridge for next to nothing through a friend who had no idea of its operational state and figured ide' give it a shot since i thought it would be neat to have a mini fridge, to my surprise the little thing dose work but only about half way. the small freezer works just fine, gets nice and cold. But the main area of the fridge hardly cools at all, honestly the only cooling in the main part of the fridge is likely from the freezer given the small size of the unit. The fridge is capable of running on standard house mains, Propane and 12v supply, and is currently running on house mains. Ive got all the settings set to run mains and the cooling adjustment knob on max. I'm unsure as to if it may just need a freeon boost or something else. I looked into you tube and found a video of a similar unit with a similar problem that was a thermister but that unit also was a bit newer than this one. My last ditch effort was coming here, and hopefully getting an idea at least of what to do. I could just take it to an appliance place i know, but ide rather get an idea of whats up with it first. as it may not be worth the charge of being checked out by the local appliance repair shop.

Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.