Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BishopTango  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2018 12:48:56 PM(UTC)
BishopTango

Groups: Registered

We have an LG DLEX3670W dryer. It's probably four or five years old.

We've moved into a new house about a year ago. I had to rewire the dryer for a three wire cable. It has worked properly for much of the time. There were at least a couple instances over the last year where the dryer would not power on. I would unplug it, give it a few minutes, then plug it back in and it would be fine.

On one occasion, the dryer wouldn't power on, but if you ran your hands around the metal door front, you could definitely tell some kind of energizing. It didn't shock, but if you moved your hand, it was uncomfortable. Again, after unplugging and leaving it for a while, the problem went away. That was months ago.

Now, the dryer powers fine but won't heat. I opened it up, checked the thermal fuse and heating elements for continuity and both were fine. So now I'm going to check the power cord.
One question... when I have the top off of the dryer and I'm looking at the wiring harness area back near the power cord, from the same general cluster of wires taped together, there is a white wire that is going to the green ground screw, but there is a green and yellow cable that is just loose and not connected to anything. The hole in the mounting eye at the end of the cable is also smaller than the grounding screw that the white wire is fastened to.

Should that green and yellow cable be connected to anything? Other than checking continuity on the power cable connections, any other ideas?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.