Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jcrowell  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2018 8:54:16 AM(UTC)
jcrowell

Groups: Registered

Forgive me, as this is my first post. I've been getting parts and finding solutions in the forums for about a decade, and I've fixed just about everything with help from here (stove, fridges, DW, washers, dryer) Now I have one that may be a first.

My 3 door French fridge is freezer section is getting warm and allowing food to thaw. It's only 3 years old and still under sealed system warranty so I called LG to initiate remote troubleshooting. They said "it's fine, working as it should". But my ice cream is now a shake :( They did offer to send a technician out, but if it's not a sealed system problem, it's my dime.

Going back through the owners manual, it says the Ice Plus feature, designed to increase ice production during heavy use, forces the compressor system to operate in maximum cooling mode for 24 hours. So I tried it and this causes my food to freeze again. So that eliminates the sealed system as a problem. There's something that's not telling the compressor that the freezer is too warm.

I took the cover off the back, coils are clean. All the electronics are under a cover on the back, one LARGE circuit board, more like a motherboard.

Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know where I can get schematics for this fridge so I can start testing sensors, blowers, etc? Any ideas are welcome and appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.