Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
twinlabs  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2018 7:58:01 AM(UTC)
twinlabs

Groups: Registered

So, am pulling my hair out on this one, have read and read, got others expert opinions and I am getting no where. I am going to post as much info as possible so bear with me. So as posted above the model number is EWMGD70JSS3 and there are two identical units, same age between 3-4 yrs., stacked in a laundry room, and both units are exhibiting the same symptoms which is very long dry times. A part that I feel might be key is that these units have very long duct runs, primarily vertical terminating on roof, we believe length to be at least forty feet, the number of nineties in this run is unknown. Also they recently had a duct vac service come out to clean and they also have recently had inline fans installed at the end of run. After doing a thorough cleaning of the units, I changed out both thermistors on each unit and gas valve coils, nothing has changed. I have also tried running a load with duct disconnected from the wall which did not change anything. After letting unit run for eight to ten minutes I open the door and read temp at the hot air entrance at the back of the drum, I hold door switch and restart machine, I am seeing temps of 200-230 degrees. Also up till recently the units have been trouble free, although I wonder if there is possibly some effect from their time in service with this long duct run, could the motor be wearing out prematurely due to working harder to push the air? Also, any thoughts on the idea that even though the gas valve is opening and we are getting flame, could it be too small? I am thinking that possibly the heat sensor is dirty or wearing out and could cause the flame to be too small or possibly be shutting off during cycle? Thanks in advance to anyone who has thoughts or help to share on this one.

Thanks, Blake
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.