Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
juntjoo  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2018 5:44:25 PM(UTC)
juntjoo

Groups: Registered

Wpse4270aoww is my washer and

https://rover.ebay.com/r...ulk%2Fitm%2F272039413528

is the item. Actually it's the first in like four I've tried from other vendors that didn't split apart in the middle.

So this holds together but during the spin cycle when it's supposed to take a split second to engage the motor's shaft it doesn't and the shaft spins, as you can see down there the clip that hold the clutch in is spinning but the clutch itself and belt are not.

And this was the exact symptom I had in the first place with the original clutch which I figured was from a worn out clutch as it would work but only with lighter and lighter loads. But now with a brand new clutch it's demonstrating the same exact symptom. So I'm left wondering if the original clutch was worn in the 1st place. Any ideas anyone?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

juntjoo  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 5:59:45 AM(UTC)
juntjoo

In another thread I created for this issue someone suggested I check the pulley under the tub. I did and it turns freely counter clockwise but with trouble clockwise which is I believe the spin direction, where I'm having this problem. Could this be a transmission issue? How much resistance should there be from the pulley under the tub going clockwise?
juntjoo  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 10:43:24 AM(UTC)
juntjoo

Little vid to show what's going on. The washer was tilted back mind you but it was still quite difficult.

Edited by user Friday, November 23, 2018 10:53:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

juntjoo  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 1:51:43 PM(UTC)
juntjoo

Here I've re-tightened the nuts on the clutch making sure the belt is tight and how I've discovered that in the spin direction the tub isn't going but the agitator is. So what part exactly needs to be replaced here?
juntjoo  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 2:39:43 PM(UTC)
juntjoo

I hope it's just that cover that has rotted away. Is it time to cut my losses? How much is one of these washers used? But since in already down here, have a brand new clutch, maybe I'll find a good cheap one, if that exists.

Rusted transmission remains https://imgur.com/a/bXYtiNH

It's probably just that plate. I hope
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply