Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
corvairbob  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2018 4:35:06 AM(UTC)
corvairbob

Groups: Registered

i have the model fdl104s icemaker part #241798211 and the replacement i see looks the same #241798231. in my fridge and it makes ice good issue is it will not stop making ice. i have waved the thing all over the place and it still makes more ice. actually i took out the gear and i don't see any timing marks and i have tried all different places for it and it stops in the same place, so this is telling me it is self timing. ok i bent the bail all over and no good it still makes to much ice. what i see is the ice gets dropped out before the bail rises, the ice drops on the bail and then the bail gets stuck and can't pull itself out of the ice pile and the gears still keep turning. i tried attaching probes to the bail so all it had was the probe in the ice and it still makes ice. i tried adjusting the water level and that made the ice cubes larger or smaller but still keeps on making ice.

yesterday i seen it drop ice on the bale and the bail was trying to move up but then stopped and the gear just kept going so when the ice harvester fingers got back down in the ice tray i reached in and touched the bail and it popped up, this did not take any effort so now i'm leaning on that small internal lever may be bending just enough to let the guts move but not move the bail. i did see that the gear the lever rides on has a small groove in it so that also tells me there's some pressure that gear needs to overcome. so that lever could be bending.

so my ice make has the bail attached to the gear head and hangs out along the tray can someone tell me if the ice make that has the bail that attaches at the back as well is more durable? or is there one that fits this fridge that works? mine has the 4 pin flat connector on it. or if the new replacement unit has been updated so it gets the bail up sooner out of the ice? thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.