Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JMsnh  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 6:27:57 AM(UTC)
JMsnh

Groups: Registered

This problem just started and it happens during all the wash cycles. The unit DOES fill with water if "Quick Rinse" is selected. I checked the voltage at the fill valve during the rinse portion of the wash cycles and the valve is getting 114 VAC. The fill valve gets 118VAC during "Quick Rinse" when the unit fills with water like it's supposed to. The unit fills and drains without problem during the rest of time. I filled the unit with water by hand and the rinse cycle continues pumping and draining like normal.

I didn't think a 4 volt difference in voltage would keep the fill valve from operating normally? I've read that insufficient voltage at the fill valve is caused by a defective control board. Is it possible I have a bad control board AND a bad fill valve?

Thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions!

John
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

aerostatic  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2018 1:23:21 AM(UTC)
aerostatic

Man
Germany

Based on your symptom and details, I must assume the drain pump is jammed or faulty. You will need to remove the front lower access panels and check to see if the drain pump is jammed. If the drain pump hums instead of running and pumping water out; it's likely getting the proper voltage supply (120). The drain pump can be easily remove and check for any blockages.

NOTE: Disconnect the dishwasher from the power supply before removing the lower access panels.

If you nonetheless plan to change your dishwasher, feel free to check this overview
mashinbaz  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 12:00:16 AM(UTC)
mashinbaz

thank you for informing
JMsnh  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 6:05:23 AM(UTC)
JMsnh

Originally Posted by: aerostatic Go to Quoted Post
Based on your symptom and details, I must assume the drain pump is jammed or faulty. You will need to remove the front lower access panels and check to see if the drain pump is jammed. If the drain pump hums instead of running and pumping water out; it's likely getting the proper voltage supply (120). The drain pump can be easily remove and check for any blockages.

NOTE: Disconnect the dishwasher from the power supply before removing the lower access panels.

If you nonetheless plan to change your dishwasher, feel free to check this overview

The fill valve was defective. I replaced it and everything now works properly.

John
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply