Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gaidzahg  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2018 7:15:20 PM(UTC)
Gaidzahg

Groups: Registered
United States

We noticed a few days ago that the washer was stuck on the wash cycle trying to agitate. The "Wash" button light keep turning on a off and the washer seemed like it wanted to agitate but it would only rotate a fraction of an inch. It seemed like it was stuck on something. We drained the washer, took out the clothes, and noticed that the pulsator was loose/off kilter. I took the cap off and saw that the screw holding the pulsator was loose so I loosened it completely and took the plate off. After cleaning off the crud, it looks like the splines of the pulsator are gone (see pic below), so it seems the easy fix is just to get a new one.

But the real question is, is this from normal wear and tear or is there something deeper going on that needs to be fixed before the splines on the new pulsator get ground off too? Like do I need a new clutch or something?

Also, I'm including a pic of the shaft coming out of the motor assembly. It's splined too of course, but does it look like it needs to be replaced too?

[img=https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CDOPZpQM9OJXwwyeG6Vj-fa5QesYRaTq/view?usp=sharing]Pulsator Splines[/img]

[img=https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FJ0hZ19od7hErjouVIx8NLPK3BVHusiS/view?usp=sharing]Shaft[/img]
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.