Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
talerco  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 8:05:58 PM(UTC)
talerco

Groups: Registered
United States

Ice maker has not worked in years.
FREEZER STOPPED COOLING
Condenser fan working / condenser not super clean but OK. Vacuumed clean.
Freezer compressor was vibrating normally / same hotness as refrigerator compressor - about as hot as I could keep a hand on.
Pushing the evaporator fan door button did not turn on the fan in freezer..
I turned off the Freezer overnight.
Turned it back on (6) and compressor came on and worked it's way up to same heat.
This is when I noticed that the refrigerator compressor was vibrating continuous while the freezer compressor had the same vibration but was (I'll call) pulsating. No unusual noise but the vibration when I put a hand on was pulsing - approx. the rate of a heartbeat.
The evaporator fan now goes on and off when I press the door button.
No cooling in freezer after 6 hours back on.
...I just went to turn it off after 8 hours and the compressor was a little cooler (still hot) and was vibrating normally - not pulsing. No cooling.
There is air blowing out of the vent at the top of the freezer compartment and the optimist in me says it is slightly cool. But after 6 hours the freezer is room temperature.
Finally - it seems the freezer compressor is on all the time (sometimes pulsing / sometimes not) while the refrigerator compressor goes on and of (as needed?)
I'd like to find out if this is a switch of some kind or some other fix. If the compressor is not good this unit will be considered deceased. Any diagnostic help appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.