Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Phil915  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2018 2:45:38 PM(UTC)
Phil915

Groups: Registered

Hello,
My washer stops agitating mid cycle. The machine goes completely silent. Washer fills and starts agitating and then stops. It will sit there for the full wash time and then it drains and spins fine. When sitting there full of water, I have been able to get it going again by unplugging the machine and plugging it back in, but it quickly fails again.
I had a technician look at the machine and he recommended a new control board because the old one wouldn't finish calibration. I installed another board and the same issue is happening. Calibration took a bit longer than 6 minutes but it did finish. There was only one fault code present, F7E5 Shifter fault. I did manual tests on the slow spin and fast spin and it was fine. I let one spin test go the whole 5 minutes and it stopped on its own. The gentle and heavy agitation tests both stopped only after a short amount of time. I had to exit the manual test mode and re-enter it to do another agitation test each time it failed. I'm ready to order a shift actuator if you think it would fix this problem. I have some concern though that the motor is failing and causing an overload situation, but the motor spins clothes, full heavy loads without issue. I am hearing some loud clicks too when the machine sets up to agitate.
Any help you can give on this would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Phil
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.