Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
romdos  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 2, 2018 5:11:08 PM(UTC)
romdos

Groups: Registered

My control board went bad and I bought a new one and installed it. Ever since the installation, I'll look up at different times of the day and the clock will be flashing as if we'd had a power outage. Also, when trying to use the oven, either one or both of them will just randomly turn off. The cooktop burners work all the time, even when the screen look like the power is off.
I have checked the breaker, the outlet and where the pigtail attaches to the stove itself and they all are getting power.
Could I just have yet another bad board, or is there another component that is causing the problem?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

leoriosan  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 12:02:24 PM(UTC)
leoriosan

Mine too! I literally just replaced the control board (random, nonstop F3-1 and F1-1 error codes), and after replacement I get the power interruption message every 4-6 hours (give or take). Very annoying as it sometimes happens while baking is going on and there is no beep to alert you that your oven is now off, including the timer.

Oven model: MER6772BAQ
leoriosan  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 12:10:57 PM(UTC)
leoriosan

Also forgot to mention that I ordered my part through sears parts direct. The first part I received from them was doing the power interruption and also giving an F1-E code (EEPROM corruption), and I was given a replacement part. The new part doesn't do the F1-E, but it does still do the power interruption thing, leading me to believe there's something else that needs to either be set or replaced.
romdos  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 3:55:07 PM(UTC)
romdos

Originally Posted by: leoriosan Go to Quoted Post
Also forgot to mention that I ordered my part through sears parts direct. The first part I received from them was doing the power interruption and also giving an F1-E code (EEPROM corruption), and I was given a replacement part. The new part doesn't do the F1-E, but it does still do the power interruption thing, leading me to believe there's something else that needs to either be set or replaced.

Same thing happened to me...there is something else going on that is affecting the board. I think it has to do with heat getting to the board from the ovens and the cooktop - or possibly a short because my screen goes off when I turn on one of the cooktop burners sometimes. The buggy thing is none of these things are consistent. One time it will work fine and stay on, and another time it turns off. I will say this - anytime the device starts getting warm- either from the ovens or the cooktop it's a given that the board will cut out.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply