Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bainters  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2018 5:17:59 PM(UTC)
bainters

Groups: Registered

Our front load LG washer is really loud and the drum is unbalanced during the spin cycle. I am also noticing a burning rubber type smell as it gets into the final spin. What would be causing it to do this? What should I look for to correct this? Any help would be appreciated!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Jhnywalter  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2018 6:52:55 AM(UTC)
Jhnywalter

Sorry, but you are not so lucky. LG should not even offer those parts, as it takes special hydraulic presses to install some of that. For anyone but the manufacturer them self you must replace the back half of the outer drum (I believe it is a 3045ER0008C in your case) which contains the installed seal and bearing, plus I'd recommend replacing the spider asm 4434ER0002A, as the shaft may be a bit worn where it contacted the seal and bearing, and you don't really want to go through all that work (at least 2 hours) only to have to do it again. A FixYa rating would be appreciated. Thanks.

#3 Posted : Friday, January 3, 2020 5:14:05 PM(UTC)
mattkime

United States

Originally Posted by: bainters Go to Quoted Post
Our front load LG washer is really loud and the drum is unbalanced during the spin cycle. I am also noticing a burning rubber type smell as it gets into the final spin. What would be causing it to do this? What should I look for to correct this? Any help would be appreciated!

How was this resolved?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply