Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
harrychou25  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2018 1:44:23 AM(UTC)
harrychou25

Groups: Registered

I would like to replace the ice chute assembly of KitchenAid's KSSS36QDW05 side-by-side built-in refrigerator. From your parts diagram for this appliance, it seems necessary to disassemble the freezer door to remove the ice chute assembly. Is my understanding correct? If so, I may need to pull the fridge out of its niche slightly to remove the hinge-side screws on the freezer's door. How can I pull the fridge out of its niche?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ThatGuy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2018 5:26:58 AM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Are you talking about part number 34? I think it just pulls up and out.

Parts for KitchenAid KSSS36QDW05: Freezer Door Parts - AppliancePartsPros.com

It says the part is no longer available.
harrychou25  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2018 9:15:35 PM(UTC)
harrychou25

Originally Posted by: ThatGuy Go to Quoted Post

Thank you for your reply. I would like to replace the three screws labeled as Part #16 in Diagram #13 that hold the water dispenser lever (Part #20) and ice dispenser lever (Part #17). (The screw to the right of the water dispenser lever seems to be mislabeled as Part #17 instead of #16 in that diagram.) Those three screws on my freezer door are completely rusted out due to slowly dripping water, which may be a separate problem requiring a different fix. It's unfortunate that KitchenAid did not use stainless screws in those locations. I can live with the slow water leak because it will just require a wipe once in a while, but the rusty screws are introducing ugly rust stains onto the plastic parts below.
harrychou25  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2018 9:26:11 PM(UTC)
harrychou25

Originally Posted by: ThatGuy Go to Quoted Post

Thank you for your reply. I would like to replace the three screws labeled as Part #16 in Diagram #13 that hold the water dispenser lever (Part #20) and ice dispenser lever (Part #17). (The screw to the right of the water dispenser lever seems to be mislabeled as Part #17 instead of #16 in that diagram.) Those three screws on my freezer door are completely rusted out due to slowly dripping water, which may be a separate problem requiring a different fix. It's unfortunate that KitchenAid did not use stainless screws in those locations. I can live with the slow water leak because it will just require a wipe once in a while, but the rusty screws are introducing ugly rust stains onto the plastic parts below.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply