Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
christyhecht  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 16, 2018 8:21:00 AM(UTC)
christyhecht

Groups: Registered

Hi, I have a Whirlpool washer, model LSN1000KQ0. About 15 years old. I've made a number of repairs on this machine myself with great success.

Lately, water has been leaking and puddling in the pan below the washer. Not a ton - the pan isn't even close to overflowing, but I notice maybe 1/8" water or less in the pan after some (but oddly enough, not all) loads. I wash all my loads on roughly the same settings, so different settings shouldn't be the difference between leaking and not leaking.

Last night, the problems amped up significantly. Now when we turn the dial to any of the load sizes and start the machine, instead of filling with water, the agitator immediately starts spinning, as if the machine is already full of water.

Any idea if there's one part to blame, or several, for my two problems listed?

Thank you for your help!
Christy
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

christyhecht  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 16, 2018 6:12:55 PM(UTC)
christyhecht

Groups: Registered

More symptoms! This afternoon, I was able to start the washer and water began to fill the tub. About 10 mins later, I went back to check on it and found it full - way too full - but still filling! The washer had gone way over it’s flood point and water was pouring down into the machine (or the back of the machine - wherever it goes when water floods higher than the notch at the top of the tub) and into the pan my washer sits in.

I vacuumed out some of the water, advanced the timer past the fill cycle, and let it start agitating the clothes. Not too long later, the load finished. Based on the time, I think that when the cycle was supposed to be starting (per the dial), it was actually in the rinse phase in real life. So it overfilled in the rinse cycle (that was supposed to be the wash cycle), spun the clothes dry, and stopped.

I feel like this has gone from bad to really bad very quickly and am thinking it’s time to replace this washer. If anyone thinks this is fixable, I am all ears!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply