Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DeweyBoo  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 5:18:48 PM(UTC)
DeweyBoo

Groups: Registered

I have a new defrost heater and a new defrost timer. Everything is fine until defrost is scheduled to start. Then we blow a circuit breaker. I disconnect the defrost timer and advance it until it clicks, then reconnect it. I wait 15-30 minutes and reconnect everything and the refrigerator works great for the next 10-12 hours. Seem as like a short someplace maybe.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Jhnywalter  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 3:52:10 AM(UTC)
Jhnywalter

Groups: Registered

I'm having the exact same problem with my [COLOR="Black"]heater[/COLOR]. The only difference is that I've owned this fridge since I bought it new.It's been plugged into the same outlet for the last 6 years. All of the sudden it started tripping the gfi. EXACT SAME SYMPTOMS. I can reset the defrost timer, plug it in, and it runs until the defrost cycles and it trips the gfi. If I try to reset it, it immediately trips again. I tried to test the thermostat but it never clicks and the circuit stays open. I'm not convinced it's bad, I just dont think the ice water is getting it cold enough. I did get continuity through the heating element. The defrost timer has continuity from 1 to 2 and from 1 to 4 when it cycles. I'm having trouble testing 1 to 3 through the capacitor. Not really sure what to set it my multimeter on.. MegOhms????

Did you find the probem on your unit??

John
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply