Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Venomous Duck  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 20, 2018 3:21:55 PM(UTC)
Venomous Duck

Groups: Registered

We have a Maytag Bravos XL MVWB835DW1 right at 14 month old. The GFCI outlet tripped and after reset still to power to the controls. After unplugging and letting caps discharge to preform a reset I get an electrical popping at the plugin as I apply power. If I pull the plug and immediately plug it back in there is no popping, only happens after the caps discharge. After plugging in I get a rapid flashing green LED on the power board for about 30 seconds, then goes to a slow flashing green LED. I have found very little info on the net about it. The only useful post I found anywhere suggested a bad control board but the thread went dead before any confirmation. I think with the popping at the plugin with the caps discharged it seems like a bad power board, not control board. W10858075/W11024149 power board runs $200-$400. Control board W10872839 Rev B is unavailable anywhere that I can find (maybe through Maytag). Anyone faced this problem before and is there a way to test the power board to see if it is bad (i.e. what voltages to look for on pinouts) before laying out a couple of hundred for a board that may not be the issue? The 2 large caps and the smaller wafer disk caps all look good, no bulging, leaking or flaking. The whole power board is covered in resin so it is impossible to check for any burnt traces or cold solder.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.