Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
olduser  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 6:23:16 PM(UTC)
olduser

Groups: Registered

My washer was running a load and then I noticed it was making a weird sound. Easily found the motor coupling broken and repaired. First time in 27 years of service. Kenmore model 11082874120

This got machine to fill and agitate, but it would not advance the timer. If I stopped and rotate the timer on around the cycle it would pump water and begin to spin in the appropriate place. The lid switch checks ok on continuity and stops the spin when opened as should.

I tried to clean the contacts on the timer. None of the visible ones seemed to have any corrosion. All looked clean. The small motor in the timer also checked ok for continuity. I tried a low water fill cycle but the timer would not advance while machine agitating. I then advanced timer on to the pause section of the permanent press. If I recall correctly it should pause about 10-15 minutes. I left it for over and hour and it had not moved.

If I understand correctly each component must send voltage to the timer for it to advance? Ok, the pressure switch for the water load must be working because it shut off water and began agitation.

My question is what else sends voltage to the timer for it to advance? After agitation? After drain? As machine spins etc.? Are these all the components? Then of course what voltage and where to check for it? App says it may not necessarily be the timer.

I realize Kenmore does not share wiring info, but since this is virtually a Whirlpool machine, I'm hoping someone can educate me where to follow up. I feel like I'm so close to solving this and I really want to keep my old machine. Thanks to all who take the time to read or contribute.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.