Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gr8filed  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2018 8:41:56 AM(UTC)
gr8filed

Groups: Registered

My performa was not heating up this am. I took the front cover off and found the wire that goes to the thermal fuse had broken off the butt connector. It looks like the wire got pretty hot, it was brittle at the point of contact with connector. I stripped back the wire, installed a new connector and all is well. Any idea why this happened?? I am pretty good about keeping lint trap clean and exhaust hose clear as well.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

thorning  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 27, 2018 1:48:30 PM(UTC)
thorning

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: gr8filed Go to Quoted Post
My performa was not heating up this am. I took the front cover off and found the wire that goes to the thermal fuse had broken off the butt connector. It looks like the wire got pretty hot, it was brittle at the point of contact with connector. I stripped back the wire, installed a new connector and all is well. Any idea why this happened?? I am pretty good about keeping lint trap clean and exhaust hose clear as well.

I have noted this problem from time to time also. Possibly the crimp on the wire was not as good as it should have been when it was done at the factory. A new piece of wire with a very good crimp is about all you can do. Just make sure the new wire if spliced is at least the size of the old section I recall the wire size is #10. Also the connector is not a std size and be careful of using a smaller than original size.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply