Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DaveCheck  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2018 6:44:25 AM(UTC)
DaveCheck

Groups: Registered

Hi

I have a Maytag LA512 washing machine. First issue I had was the transmission drive belt broke. I replaced both the transmission and pump belts. Upon trying the machine it would fill and agitate with no problems but on the spin cycle the drum would turn slowly and the water would not drain leading to the motor overheating a few seconds later. when the machine spins empty it runs with no problem. I checked the pump and the hoses for obstructions and found none. I then replaced the motor wondering if the motor had an issue. Is there anything else I should check?

Thanks

Dave
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Harley Monster  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2018 1:26:18 PM(UTC)
Harley Monster

Groups: Registered

Dave, this is exactly the problem I am having with my Maytag LA712. I have changed the motor, the brake, the mounting stem and boot and a tub bearing kit.

I can run the machine dry with both belts and the washer will spin the way it should. I have run the machine with only the pump belt and it will pump the way it should, but if I run the machine at the lowest water level and no clothes the motor overheats before the pump can pump. The water pump is a little stiff when turned by hand, but I wouldn't think this would overheat the 1/2 HP motor. My water pump also has a crack in it so it should be replaced, but I hesitate to spend more money on this machine if it won't fix it.

Dave, I am hoping you fixed your machine, if so, would you please let me know what your solution was.

Thanks!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply