Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
endothermicbiped  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2018 7:17:11 AM(UTC)
endothermicbiped

Groups: Registered

At the moment I've got the inside rear panel off our fridge while it defrosts. It's only the second time in the nearly five years we've had it that I've had to defrost it so I guess that's not too bad. This time the ice had crawled up the coils and was building up around the fan (which makes for a pretty annoying noise at 2am). I need for someone to confirm what I'm seeing. Beneath the coils is a drip pan and in the center of that pan is a little hole. I'm assuming that to be the drain but mine is covered with what appears to be foam. Not styrofoam...more like the expanding foam in a can. We just let it sit for a couple of days the last time so as best I can remember the rear panel has never been off. I'm hesitant to get a hole through this foam because I'm not certain where the water would then go. There are three drain hoses behind the panel on the rear of the unit. Does one of them connect directly to the hole in the drip pan beneath the coils? Or does the water fall from the drip pan into another collector which is then connected to the hose visible behind the rear access panel?
endothermicbiped attached the following image(s):
fridge_drain.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.