Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
brianinseattle  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2018 11:31:36 PM(UTC)
brianinseattle

Groups: Registered

Have a seven-year-old Whirlpool Duet frontload washer. Starting a few weeks ago noticed a grinding sound that happens for a few seconds right at the end of the spin cycle.

Took the washer apart and cleaned out the pump drain catch, the pump drain line, as well as the drain line from the washer to the house sewer line. While apart, gave the rubber gasket a solid clean as well.

With the top and back covers off, I ran a cycle and the noise defiantly comes from the Rotor/Stator area. The tub has no additional give that seems to happen when the bearings have gone bad. The tub spins by hand without making noise, and the spin cycle is as fine as well. The noise only happens in the last 4-6 second of a spin.

I think this model is the one where I must replace the entire tub to replace the bearings, which is not worth it at this point. I’m hoping there is something else I can try.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.