Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
larrywick  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 1:00:02 PM(UTC)
larrywick

Groups: Registered

I started working on this because of a no ice complaint but saw that the vents were all blocked more or less with ice/frost. Removed the back panels and found ice all the way up to the area of the fan, defrosted and reassembled but realized the fan was not distributing any air and both compartments were staying warm. Removed panels again, evaporator was already frosty and tried to test fan but it is a 12v brushless motor w/3 wires, red, black, and white. Tried applying 12v to all combinations of wires but nothing happened, from what I read brushless motors are a different animal and require a controller to run, so I am not sure how test. I have a new motor that I am putting tomorrow but fear that it could be something else ( control board ).
Any help advice would be greatly appreciated.

Larry Wick
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.