Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gofastr  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2018 7:20:54 PM(UTC)
gofastr

Groups: Registered

Please help with instructions for how to remove the control panel for this oven.

I've searched high and low - found one thread but the instructions didn't make sense to me. I've removed four screws from below the control panel (slightly behind and at the top of the oven door), but no dice. It seems the control panel assembly is either screwed or wedged into the the oven frame on the right and left sides... but I can figure out how to get to those screws or unwedge it.

I'm pretty mechanically inclined... this driving me batty.

Secondly - the reason for removing it is because my beautiful bride thawed something like a small swimming pool in the microwave located above the oven, and loads of liquid spilled out the from of the micro and into the control panel assembly of the oven... now the oven flashes error codes and beeps irregularly - but mostly in the wee hours of the morning. I'm hoping if I clean and dry contacts on the touchpad/control panel I won't need to buy the $300 replacement part. Anyone with experience on this willing to share tips?
Thx!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

gofastr  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 6:37:52 PM(UTC)
gofastr

Ohm, thanks so much - that's just what I needed. Got the control panel off.

The circuit board was clean; I think my problem is there's goo in the membrane keypad from whatever leaked out of the micro that is causing the erratic behavior. Is there any way to get this out of the housing and clean it? If not, is my best bet at trying to save it just flushing it with water and drying thoroughly in a warm oven (oh wait... don't have one of those anymore) or with a heat gun? Otherwise I'm stuck buying a $300+ control panel assembly. Or a new oven - perhaps dear wifey had an ulterior motive.
gofastr  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 7:36:47 AM(UTC)
gofastr

Air dried for several days now... no luck. Learned the liquid that got into it was a beef broth. I'm guessing the salt/oil residue is still effecting the function. I couldn't find membrane available anywhere either. Have nothing more to lose now, so will try soaking in warm water and drying thoroughly unless anyone else has better ideas for cleaning the membrane/keypad!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply