Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
B&L  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 2, 2018 11:25:04 AM(UTC)
B&L

Groups: Registered

The temperature in the freezing compartment of my side-by-side refrigerator freezer has been gradually rising over the past week to (presently) 30 degrees; while the temperature in the refrigerator is also gradually rising. The coils are (amazingly) clean and are warm--nearly hot--to the touch. Both the internal and condenser-coil fans are operative. Early forums submissions seemingly indicate the replacement of the compressor run capacitor (AP4315853). Correct, or are there other viable options?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Jerry / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2018 6:42:29 AM(UTC)
mattt

Groups:

Hello B&L,
If there is no frost pattern on the evaporator coils in the freezer compartment and the compressor is running, you either have a Freon loss or a sealed system restriction. If the compressor is running hot, it is more likely a sealed system restriction. If a Freon loss were the issue, the compressor would run freely and be cool to the touch.
B&L  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2018 8:21:33 PM(UTC)
B&L

Groups: Registered

I, most certainly, do not dispute your advice; however (today), I replaced the compressor run capacitor, with the result that the temperature in the freezer is presently 0 degrees and, in the refrigerator, 37 degrees. I don't care what the reason is: I'm overjoyed, because (at least for the moment), my 23-year-old refrigerator operates as I wish. Thank you, Kind Sir, for your advice--which may yet become useful, but (for the present), I'm not going to ". . . fix what ain't broke."
Jerry / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2018 6:06:55 AM(UTC)
mattt

Groups:

Hello B&L,
I'm glad you were able to locate the issue with a much cheaper fix. In regards to our diagnosis, it is sometimes quite the task to diagnose a unit "long distance" and we have to go with the most common cause of the failure in hopes that we are providing the best customer service possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply