Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
uncledave11  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2018 11:48:39 AM(UTC)
uncledave11

Groups: Registered

Helping disabled cousin with this one. Spent 1 1/2 yrs at Whirlpool Range group doing wiring harness work and electrical testing on ranges. So i've got a background in this area plus electronics. This unit failed after about 6 months service. There is no warranty as this was a special case and we won't get into the details. But I'd like to help him and hear are the displayed error codes when he attempts to use the oven. He selects Bake and 350Deg and presses to start.
Code "F2E1" displays, then message "stuck/change contacts" He has been told after contacting a service company licensed to handle Jenn-Air under Whirlpool service that he will have to replace a "control module" at a price of Approx. $550. It's beyond his financial means and he did get the unit for a very reasonable price is understood. But still, I know how repair services operate. Yes there is no free lunch. But with some good Tech info I know at least I could help him out (i'm disabled too and know what this feels like!) so I'f anyone could offer tech avenues to pursue to narrow down the possibilities of the failure cause (a flow chart would be nice) path to follow, that would be alot of help! Thx to all:)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.