Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#21 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2023 9:35:10 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cally45455 Go to Quoted Post
Found the solution for my GTW460 which was stuck in drain mode. GE repairman ran diagnostics. He explained that the washing cycle had been placed on pause. It had not been restarted so 12 hours later it automatically went into 'over-ride pump mode'. That why the pump was running in the middle of the night and wouldn't shut off.
He explained that in 'over-ride mode' the pump drains for 10 min. During this time, none of the buttons or lights work. Only the pump works. After 10 min. the washer resets and works as it normally would.
Too bad this info isn't in the troubleshooting guide!!!!!!
There is a vague reference but the wording isn't specific enough for an owner to figure it out. Even the repairman read the wording and agreed an owner would have not be able to troubleshoot with their guide. Hope this helps.

I simply wanted to say MANY MANY THANKS for taking the time to post this. Our washer was doing the same thing, but sure enough, I let it simply run for about 5 minutes and it corrected itself. It's likely a repair man or "justanswer.com" would recommend replacing motherboard, so this has saved me lots of cash.

Thanks again
#22 Posted : Saturday, October 28, 2023 10:30:29 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
This happened to us as well on our 3-year-old GTW460ASJ5WW washer. I let it run for 10 minutes and it stopped. It seems to be working ok now. Thanks for posting this. We were thinking about getting a new washer.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply