Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
partialresponse  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 11:40:55 AM(UTC)
partialresponse

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
My refrigerator (LG LFX25961AL) has an Embraco Compressor EGX 90HLC controlled by an Embraco TDS 115/127V-60Hz-Y relay/capacitor assembly (also noted on this assembly is part number 513604044). Recently it has stopped cooling (well, occasionally the compressor runs long enough to cool a little) accompanied by frequent clicking from what is likely the overload protector (OLP). The compressor winding resistances seem reasonable at about 4, 8, and 12 ohms. When the OLP allows the compressor to run briefly (for about 10s) the compressor draws about 13A; the OLP then kicks in and shuts down the compressor. I suspect the problem to be with either the OLP or the relay. The OLP seems easy to find but the relay seems unavailable. Is there a known substitute part for this relay? I've seen references to a newer part 6749C-0014E but it's not clear this part is a suitable replacement for the TDS 115/127V-60Hz-Y (513604044) since the compressor apparently requires a capacitor to run (according the compressor manufacturer data sheets) and the 6749C-0014E does not appear to use (or have connections) for one.

Thanks
thanks 1 user thanked partialresponse for this useful post.
jbretpm on 12/12/2020(UTC)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.