Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sdl5  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2018 8:37:28 PM(UTC)
sdl5

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirlpool Thin Twin washer which has been leaking out from underneath the left side as the tub is filling when the washer is turned on. I took off the panels and was able to determine that once the water started filling the tub the water was coming out of the two holes I circled in red on the attached photo.

Can you tell me what I need to do to fix this problem?
sdl5 attached the following image(s):
thin twin leak.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ThatGuy  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2018 5:08:51 AM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I've seen this a few times back when I used to work on appliances. Usually it was hard water building up in the center of that plastic part. The hard water deposits would make water spray out at odd angles instead of straight down.

Usually disassembly and a complete cleaning restored it to working order.

Its part no. 16 on this diagram if you should need a new one.

Parts for Whirlpool LTE5243DT3: Washer Cabinet Parts - AppliancePartsPros.com
sdl5  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2018 9:23:59 PM(UTC)
sdl5

Thanks you helped me out a lot. There was hard water buildup inside that part. Removed hoses and the siphon and immersed the siphon in vinegar solution for an hour or two then used a pocketknife to scrape the hard water buildup away. Buildup easily came off. Rinsed with water, then reinstalled and tested. Worked like a charm. No more leaking.
ThatGuy  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2018 11:14:26 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

United States

You're welcome.
sdl5  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2018 12:39:34 AM(UTC)
sdl5

Originally Posted by: ThatGuy Go to Quoted Post
You're welcome.

So I had a few separate issues pop up since you last helped me. I'll list them out below:

1. The washer tub is off centered as seen in the attached photo when empty. If I try to pull the tub back to the center of the opening from the bottom of the tub I hear the sound of spring(s) creaking and it returns to the off centered position when I let go. Not sure if this is related to my next issue but..

2. During the spin cycle I have a repetitive squeaking noise.

I'm guessing I'll need to replace parts this time so if you've seen this before any help would be appreciated.
photo(1).jpg
ThatGuy  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2018 4:12:36 AM(UTC)
ThatGuy

United States

You're going to need to pull the front and check the springs. Parts no. 4 and 5 on this diagram.

Parts for Whirlpool LTE5243DT3: Machine Base Parts - AppliancePartsPros.com

Also check the base and the support (part 19). Check them for cracks and loose or worn parts.
sdl5  
#7 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2018 12:12:46 AM(UTC)
sdl5

I took apart the washing machine and put new suspension and stabilizing springs in but I think there's another problem. I basically took apart and put the entire machine back together (checked clutch as well).

I did 2 wash cycles and during the second cycle the front panel of the washing machine was quite hot to the touch. Hot enough that I thought it was abnormal and stopped the wash cycle. Do you know what could be causing this? I don't know if I put something back together incorrectly or what

Also this silver colored part fell out from under the washing machine during the first cycle. I'm not sure where the rubber pieces came from but I didn't know where to put them back when I re-assembled.
sdl5  
#8 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2018 12:17:30 AM(UTC)
sdl5

Here's the photo of the parts. Btw the heat on the front panels is coming from the area of the water pump/electrical connection in the front left. I'll see if it does it on the lighter clothes cycle days from now if I can't resolve it before then.
photo(2).jpg
sdl5  
#9 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2018 12:31:07 AM(UTC)
sdl5

Remembering where everything was when it was opened up the strongest heat feels like it's coming from the area of where the ground wire is bolted to the bottom of the front panel. Why is this getting hot all of a sudden?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply