Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Plumberman  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 20, 2018 3:46:37 PM(UTC)
Plumberman

Groups: Registered

Ok guys I would really appreciate your professional help on this oven problem.

Homeowner replaced his lower main heating element and in the process pulled three wires off the selector and the thermostat. He tried to put them back but the beaker would trip.

That’s where I get involved. I go over and sit down with the wiring schematic and find the three wires that are in the wrong places and correct their location. I checked all the wiring and it is now correct.

Problem now is the temp is running 100 degrees high. Set it on 200 and it goes to 300, etc, etc.

The thermostat is no longer available.

Any way to just get a thermostat that will run the broiler and lower baking element and disconnect the timed bake and self cleaning feature ?

I assume that’s why I can’t find the thermostat is because of those two extra features. It’s all analog, no digital at all. 1995 model.

Whirlpool Electric freestanding range model RF4700XD
Thermostat model 4372360

Thanks for any help ! This homeowner is my father and 40” stoves are expensive and they’re old and do not like the new smooth tops. I wish he would’ve called a pro or called me first.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.